What is Clubhouse
Clubhouse is a new type of social network based on voice— This new platform lets users (those invited anyway) to chat in real time, share stories and collaborate. Think of Clubhouse similar to being at an exclusive party (if you’ve missed it, you have to be invited to Clubhouse… at least for now) where you don’t know anyone so you casually pop into conversations and chat with people around the Clubhouse.
It is an exclusively audio based app chat room aka Clubhouse that has recently been valued at USD100 million 🤯
The social media experts at Social Media Examiner have identified 4 reasons why Clubhouse may be the next major social media platform:
- It offers the ability to connect and engage with professionals outside of your industry or niche.
- The typical social media algorithms that help people create echo chambers on other platforms are replaced with spontaneous rooms filled with real-time chats on a variety of topics.
- The focus is on high-value conversations rather than produced content.
- Clubhouse users are already fiercely loyal and protective, so much so that they’ve been very particular about who they invite to join the app with them.
How do you join Clubhouse?
It is currently in a private beta phase (at least it was when publishing this article) so for now there are only 2 ways that you can get your invitation to the party:
- By personal invitation – when someone joins Clubhouse, they’re automatically granted one invitation they can send to someone using their iPhone number. Once you’re on clubhouse for a while and engage on the platform you can earn more invites to send.
- Exclusive side-door – You can visit the Clubhouse website, download the App and register your name. And if you have friends already using the app, they may receive a notification letting them know that you’ve reserved your username and downloaded the app. When this happens, they get the option to save you through.
What do you chat about?
Clubhouse covers anything and everything – from how to create a song, which stocks to invest in, learn to speak another language… Once the chat has ended, it’s gone forever.
How can I use Clubhouse for my business?
As far as I can tell from what’s available so far, it’s for the networking!
You’ll be able to chat with like-minded communities, industry experts, establish connections that may lead to collaborations, interview your customers, and perhaps put on a virtual event.
Should I try to get an invite?
If you’re curious ✔️ If you are that person in your group that is always the first to try something ✔️ If you can see an obvious fit for your business ✔️
But, remember to keep it in check! Be clear on what you’re hoping to achieve, put some objectives & metrics around it once you’ve had a look around, so that you don’t end up spending time on a platform that IS NOT going to deliver results for you.
- Is it likely that my ideal customers on the app?
- What do I hope to achieve my joining the Clubhouse?
- Is there a better activity to spend my time that will generate sales for my business?
- Depending upon your answers, that’s the answer to Should I Try To Get An Invite.
Will I be chatting with you at the Clubhouse?
Do you Love to keeping across the latest in marketing that matters?
Sign up to receive the WMM e-newsletter delivered straight to you each week giving you the latest marketing tips, advice & actionable insights. Sign up here